The world is full of wonders, and if you haven’t set your feet free to explore the unimaginable and incredible, you are surely missing out on a big chunk of fun. This is a great time to travel post lockdown. Although COVID-19 has radically disrupted the way people used to travel, you can get back in the game with adequate travel safety measures.
Just like any other industry, the travel sector, too, has undergone a dramatic transformation. The good news is many leading nations have come up with vaccines, including the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It is time for people to step out of the house for an unforgettable trip, keeping certain COVID norms in mind – social distancing, socially-distanced hotels, remote camping, checklist for safe flight booking, self-drive city tours, etc.
Always bear a few things (travel checklist) in mind to stay safe regardless of your travel destination. Pay much attention to the countries and cities that you wish to explore. Some places are genuinely safe to travel, while others may require you to bring a change in your traveling style.
This guide will help you travel safely by taking notes of the most sought-after travel safety checklist for 2021.
8 Major Travel Safety Checklists for Safe Holidays
From doing extensive research about your destination to keeping a low profile, from carrying a physical guidebook to flaunting pickpocket-proof travel pants, and from learning room safety tips to choosing safer modes of transportation – this travel safety guide will prove fruitful for making an incredible trip. Since you are travelling during the COVID-19 pandemic, adequate safety measures are a must.
Also Read: 5 Safest Vacation Spots for you this summer
Holidays are lifetime memories. If you want to cherish each moment with pride, here are the best travel safety tips to follow to ward off any unforeseen events.
1. General Travel Safety Tips: Irrespective of your age, gender, and lifestyle, these general travel safety measures will come in handy to make a beautiful vacation. Research is an inevitable thing if the destination is new and unfamiliar to you. No matter the number of novel wonders that lie in your kit, they also come with few dangers – admit it. Keep track of climate and weather, current poetical status and upheaval, crime, history, neighbourhoods, natural disasters, road safety, environmental & health hazards, religious practices, and laws.
2. COVID Travel Safety Tips: Although the coronavirus vaccines are out, some careful planning is still indispensable. Regardless of your travel destination, a COVID-19 safety kit is a must—masks for adults and kids, face shields, hand soap and sanitiser, and disinfectant wipes.
3. Travel Safety Gear & Accessories: Wonder what should be in your travel safety kit? Anti-theft clothing is one thing to pack. The next thing to consider is an emergency travel first-aid kit for any kind of cuts, bruises, burns, scrapes, sprains, grazes, and other minor injuries. Your travel first-aid kit should include adhesive bandages, small scissors, surgical tape, antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment, analgesic medication, antihistamine cream, safety pins, thermometer, tweezers, anti-diarrhea medicine, etc.
Also Read: How Safe Is It To Visit UAE?
4. Food Safety Measures: Avoid eating outside your hotel because there are things that might have the potential to sicken you. To lower the risk of falling sick by eating and drinking outside, here are food and drink safety tips to be followed –
5. What to Wear? Do you think regular clothing provides adequate protection from wily thieves and skilled pickpockets? You must contemplate wearing anti-theft garments for enhanced safety. Pickpocket-proof travel pants, t-shirts with hidden pockets, socks with zip pockets, etc., should be considered to thwart thieves.
Also Read: Learning the Local Language When Traveling.
6. Transportation Safety Tips: Avoid getting on to trains, buses, etc. If you have to, take extra safety precautions while choosing public transportation during COVID-19. Occupy the safest seats like middle ones or simply distance yourself from others at the rear or front gates. A car should be the safest mode of transportation. If you prefer driving by yourself, learn the road safety rules of that country. As per the WHO reports, 1.35 million people die in road accidents alone each year. Better prefer a chauffeur-driven car and stay safe.
7. Online Safety Instructions: Who doesn’t like to share their stories online – be it flaunting a new dress or visiting a new place? Today’s digital world intrigues and persuades people to spend a considerable amount of time online. Even while on the go, your finger would slowly move over your smartphone screen for entertainment or making some transactions. Remember, it is not the safest place either. Hackers and data intruders are always keen on getting their hands on your sensitive and personal information.
What should you do? You must –
Also Read: UAE Visa Change Guide: Know Your Options
8. Banking Safety Guidelines: Here comes another vital pointer – taking care of all your financial transactions. Before your departure, you must notify your bank about your travel destination. If you feel the need to withdraw some cash, don’t hesitate to follow the standard ATM safety guidelines or instructions – stand close to the ATM, avoid using it at night, reject help from strangers, never withdraw a considerable sum, etc.
Book your trip through a reputable travel agency like SATA Travels to eliminate all your apprehensions and fears. The highly experienced and super-trained professionals will leave no stone unturned to facilitate your family trip in the UAE and other Middle East countries.
Get our new blogs straight to your inbox, And become a better traveler!