He who delights during the long plane rides is either a God or a ghost!
Fun aside – you need a perfect game plan for the longest flight that you would take in the near future, don’t you?
If you have been a stand-up comedy fan, you must have laughed your heart out about how badly these awesome, talented guys bash about long-haul flights. Because they are long, boring, monotonous, uncomfortable, and full of inconveniences.
Worry not because we are here to equip yourself with some handy long-distance flight hacks to make your plane ride less terrible.
7 Awesome Long Distance Airplane Hacks to Boost Comfort on Long Flights
There are several causes that could thwart your long hour plane journey, making a nightmarish experience. Maybe the seat you get is crammed or the food you eat is pathetic or there are babies around you who cry the entire flight or maybe an annoying person is sitting next to you. You want a vacation to relax and rejuvenate, not a nightmare.
What is the solution? Looking for some genius tricks? Let’s read on to find 7 must-know long-distance flight hacks to survive a long haul plane ride.
- Read Airline Reviews: Don’t believe in that? You should. This is one of the most trusted ways to choose a reputable airline. Reviews only tell if the particular airline offers plenty of legroom, food, boarding, entertainment and other overall services. This “Read Airline Reviews” goes without saying.
- Avoid Fancy Clothes and Put on Comfy Ones: Another way to survive the longest flight is to be comfortable in clothes. Whatever you wear, feel relaxed and comfortable in. Though exuding an elegant look showcases your class, this works fine for a short tour. This might take a toll on you when you are flying for more than 8 or 10 hours. You just need to be at your comfort level as if you are gearing up for a Netflix binge.
- Occupy a Good Seat: An important point! You need to do web check-in much before your boarding. This will allow you to grab a seat of your choice. Then there is something else to keep in mind. It is about the time of the year that you are travelling. Summer vacation will put you thinking about whether to take a side seat that faces direct sunlight. If travelling to a country known for some greatest visual appeals from the space, choose accordingly.
- Have You Done Enough Exercise? Heading to the airport after an hour-long good workout session will boost your endorphins. Besides, you will get some sound sleep as you are already tired. Wake up fresh and feel good about it. This trick works wonder.
- Prefer Morning Flights over Afternoon Ride: We generally advise people to take morning flight if they get motion sickness. Morning is the time when the earth surface is cool and you can be assured of a pleasant ride, not a bumpy one. Also, you will feel the turbulence if chosen the back of the plane.
- Yes, a Sleep/ Neck Pillow: Isn’t it an annoying thing to carry? Now think the other side of when you are aboard. You just can’t miss the neck pillow. A variety of choices ranging from Styrofoam to memory foam, from soft to sturdy and from novelty ones to inflatable ones. You know what suits you the best. It will help you prevent a back or beck-ache, and importantly, you will not fall on (awkwardly) your co-passenger’s shoulder. Sleep collars shouldn’t occupy a lot of space in your suitcase. Buy this item ahead of your tour as airport charges pretty hefty.
- Flight Entertainment? Make Sure You Don’t Lack in Entertainment: Thinking of not bringing your expensive iPad? Bad idea! Because you need to keep yourself entertained throughout the journey if you wish to be in a light, cool mood. Items like laptops, tabs, etc. can come in handy. Ensure that you have your favourite videos or movies already downloaded. Have enough back up batteries. For travellers who are more into reading books, they must know that books can be clunky.
Master these incredible long-distance flight hacks, become a pro and enjoy flight journeys too!
Have we missed out on anything important? Let us know in the comment section below and if we find them awesome, you will see them added to the list.